Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Isn't it hard to let them go?"


A litter of my former fosters, on their way to the Humane Society to find new homes!

When people find out you foster, one of the first questions they will ask is "Is it hard to let them go?"
For every one of us, the answer is different. For me, the answer is no. I wasn't their forever home, I was just the bridge they needed to get from the situation they were in (one where they weren't adoptable) to a good situation where they can find a forever homes. I feel so lucky to be able to play that role! Plus, you know there is always another critter waiting for your help.. or in my case this time, a family of them. The day my last fosters left, Aurora and her litter of newborns came home with me.

Aurora and her babies, they will stay with me for the next 8 weeks.

The bottom line is if you are thinking about fostering, but the emotional aspect is holding you back, please consider all of the potential rewards of fostering and the joy it can bring you. Fostering can be hard work, but the satisfaction it will bring will be overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment