Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pet Watch from the director- 10/3/10

Rexford found his new Forever Home!! We wrote about our spunky little Jack Russell Terrier a couple of weeks ago and a wonderful family with a little boy decided that Rexford would be the newest member of their family and he is doing great!! We have many more animals waiting for their new families.

Clementine is a Tortoiseshell Domestic Short hair cat who is about 18 months old. She has been at the Humane Society since March! She is a resident in our cat playroom so she gets along with other cats. She loves laying on a pillow in the window and greeting people as they stop in the play room for a visit. She uses her litter box and is waiting patiently for her new family.

Some times when a dog is with us for a few months, we will send them to a Foster Home to learn some new behaviors to give them even more of a chance to find their new home. Jock came to us as a big puppy with a lot of energy. We think he is a mix of a German Shepherd and a boxer. Jock went on a field trip to a foster home for a few weeks and this is what he had to say when he came back to the shelter.

Hi! I'm Jock, a fawn-brindle boxer mix. I'm not yet a year old, and I am full of energy! I shouldn't grow too much taller than I already am, but I'll probably fill out when I get a little older. I have a zest for life unmatched by most dogs. I LOVE toys and can't get enough of playing with them, especially when I can play with other dogs too. I've been learning some basic obedience and leash training with my foster mom, Andrea. She's taught me to like my crate, to watch her and wait for her permission to go outside, and also to behave while I'm loose in the house. She thinks I'm really smart, and really likes teaching me new commands. I love it too! Unless I see a cat! I like cats too much, and I probably should NOT be placed with a cat. I'm really excited to find my new owner! Even more excited then when I get a treat!

Jock is back at the shelter and is now even more ready for his new home. He does have a lot of energy so he will need a lot of room to run and play.

Our current needs list includes: paper towels, hand sanitizer, dry kitten food, canned cat food and white printer paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment