Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One thing in common


Every single dog and cat in our shelter has one thing in common: Their parents weren't spayed or neutered.

This sounds like a really silly observation, but it just emphasizes how important it is to have your pet spayed or neutered. Don't wait for him to 'bulk up', don't let her have 'just one litter'. Every dog and cat we have here was once a newborn, born because someone neglected to fix their pets.


Your pet can be fixed as early as 8 weeks, and don't wait past 6 months. If you are having trouble affording it, contact a low cost service in your area. If you live in Stillwater, that service is CAAP. http://caapok.org/

A puppy with severe mange, abandoned overnight.

Prayer of the Unborn Pet
I ask for the privilege of not being born
Until you can and will assure me of a safe, loving, lifelong home and a human caretaker who will love me, protect me, keep me healthy and safe from harm, and never forfeit or abandon me
Until you can assure me a right to live as long as I am able to enjoy life
Until my body and heart are precious and men have ceased to exploit, neglect, abuse or discard me because I am cheap and plentiful, I beg of you, please

not to be born.

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment